Roaming planet

I took shape in the universe, and alighted here, on blue planet.
Have I been diverted by some misfortune, fooled by some illusion?
For in rest or in exaltation, emerge
other images, other feelings, other spaces, other impulses,
which bring to me the fugitive and moved perfumes of a remembered elsewhere.

I am seated astride here and elsewhere.
Everything here is stranger to me than elsewhere.
Here is submerged by clamours and amazements;
elsewhere is irrigated by friendship, scintillates from enthusiasm,
is shrouded in silence, and is patient ad infinitum.

Elsewhere and here are meeting in an intimate and secret haven.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Religion

The human being I am has a double, ambivalent look at religion.
Shall I be grateful to it for having opened my mind to the spiritual dimension of human life?
Or shall I reproach it for having dispossessed me of a dimension which belongs to me solely and to have turned it against me?
Whichever of the instituted spiritualities I consider, I see only threatening power, overt or hypocritical, and exaltation of submission, which comes to the same thing.
I hardly see difference between religion and politics, but the same forgery “for my own good” of threats of misfortune to blackmail me: submit yourself to me, otherwise I will send my acolytes and your brothers against you, submit yourself to me, otherwise the gods will punish you or you will come into the world again to live a life of suffering.
Rather than argue on endlessly weighing up the pros and the cons, it lucidly appears to me that I have to take away from religion the monopoly of the spirituality, which does not belong to it, and to create on my own the relation I wish to maintain with the universe.
Thus I challenge all the powers, i.e. all the political and religious gangs and other public evils, and I leave them to their noisy vanity.

Far from the exhausting logorrhea of certain texts known as wise or sacred, I want to furnish my residence with silence and simplicity. Because I am intimately - “viscerally” - convinced that silence and simplicity are my essential foods.

Universe, which I cannot look at without my drawing a picture of you, it is to our generosity that I entrust myself.

No comments: