Roaming planet

I took shape in the universe, and alighted here, on blue planet.
Have I been diverted by some misfortune, fooled by some illusion?
For in rest or in exaltation, emerge
other images, other feelings, other spaces, other impulses,
which bring to me the fugitive and moved perfumes of a remembered elsewhere.

I am seated astride here and elsewhere.
Everything here is stranger to me than elsewhere.
Here is submerged by clamours and amazements;
elsewhere is irrigated by friendship, scintillates from enthusiasm,
is shrouded in silence, and is patient ad infinitum.

Elsewhere and here are meeting in an intimate and secret haven.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Bubbles

The mayfly (or ephemera) (tanka)

i am the mayfly
i appear, i disappear
my tracks are perfume
my wings blend with light breezes
the universe is my yard

.

Naked

jogging in the woods and meadows
running until gasping for breath
singing songs at the top of voice
witnessing birds' awakening
in the mirror of a river
playing with the drops of water
climbing to the top of the trees
letting me sway from branch to branch
keeping attentive to beings
with kindness and benevolence
giving life to all my daydreams
dying in a forgotten place
gliding like a bird, so lightly,
living on air and fresh water
and on fruits picked from the bush
talking with animals, grasses,
flowers and trees, rocks, brooks and hills
seeing the sun rising from sea,
then blinking its very last flame
just sleeping out in the open
awakening happy to live
on summer nights, sprawled in the grass,
mating with the stars in the sky
welcoming all the wild wild girls
who plunge their eyes into my soul
and laugh and jump and wind round me
and getting lighter and lighter!

.

Venus

La Naissance de Vénus - Bouguereau
The Birth of Venus
William Bouguereau
(1879)

The Birth of Venus - Boticelli
The Birth of Venus
Sandro Botticelli
(1485)

as soon as I begin to write
i'm getting frozen, infected
by seriousness, lethal poison.

why does this corset oppress me
does it protect me from madness
or else from dissolution?

i have not forgotten, Venus
voluptuous and passionate
that you've brought me into the world.

devote my body to pleasure
my soul will follow it, for sure
indecently, shamelessly.

(Click on the images to enlarge them.)

No comments: