Roaming planet

I took shape in the universe, and alighted here, on blue planet.
Have I been diverted by some misfortune, fooled by some illusion?
For in rest or in exaltation, emerge
other images, other feelings, other spaces, other impulses,
which bring to me the fugitive and moved perfumes of a remembered elsewhere.

I am seated astride here and elsewhere.
Everything here is stranger to me than elsewhere.
Here is submerged by clamours and amazements;
elsewhere is irrigated by friendship, scintillates from enthusiasm,
is shrouded in silence, and is patient ad infinitum.

Elsewhere and here are meeting in an intimate and secret haven.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Spared life

In the first years of my childhood, I had on two occasions a narrow escape from a violent death, and each time the circumstances were similar. I don't remember which emotions I may have felt at those moments, but I certainly have felt something, since images of those events remain in my memory.

The first time, as I was coming back with my brother from the bank of the river near our home, I started suddenly to run down the levee and stopped dead on the side of the road: a car flashed straight past me.

The second time, I ran through the gate of our garden and stopped dead on the side of the street: the driver of a tipper truck which was going down the street slammed on the brakes, and I remember the rear wheels hitting the opposite kerb, then the one on my side. The opposite neighbour, a woman, and the driver shouted at me, but I don't remember their words.

On two occasions I thus have been saved from a certain death.

Someone, maybe a medium, told me a day that I were enjoying a “supernatural” protection; when I remember those events, I am inclined to believe it, and I feel myself full of gratitude, and totally secure.

If it is true that in an other-world beings are watching over me, I want to return their friendship. I am ready for everything they may expect of me.

No comments: